We no longer offer individual counseling services but would be happy to assist you in finding an agency to fulfill your needs
A good rapport is critical to the counseling process. It is important to choose someone with whom you feel comfortable and at ease. Someone who is understanding and a supportive listener.
In choosing a therapist it is important to:
- Be assured that your therapist is trained appropriately and meets state guidelines for providing therapy.
- That your therapist explains the therapeutic processs and how you can benefit from it, without promising you success.
- Always maintains professional practices by keeping the focus
- Provides a diagnosis if necessary, but remains focused on helping you get better. The diagnosis remains the backdrop of therapy, not the focus of it.
and communicates that there are many effective approaches to therapy and no one can meet the needs of every client; identifiying a specific treatment plan for you.
- Provides insight and knowledge that you otherwise
may not have seen.
- Responds openly and honestly to any questions you may have, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
It is important to
choose a therapist that makes you feel comfortable, provides evidenced based therapy and is serious about helping you work through your struggles; be easy to understand and have experience with your particular problem areas, to have a positive outcome
Feel free to call for a personal consultation; to find out if you may benefit from our services.